Pallay Punchu del Apu T’akllO, is the new tourist attraction recently discovered in the Cusco region, also known as Pallay Poncho, the new mountain of colors, these mountains are characteristic of the geological formations of the Peruvian Andes. This new attraction would be the third colorful mountain range discovered in the Cusco region.
- 4:00 a.m. pick up from your respective hotel and transfer to trail head.
- 3 hours transfer to Layo small town by our van.
- Breakfast at Langui Layo and visit of the lagoon.
- 2 hours of Hiking in ascent to the Pallay Punchu mountain through amazing views of Langui Layo Lagoon.
- Once at the top, you can enjoy the spectacular views and take panoramic photographs of the colors of those mountains.
- 1-hour descent to Layo small town.
- Delicious lunch at Layo to recover your energy.
- Return to Cusco in our mobility arriving 7:00 pm approx.
We pick you up from your respective hotel early at 4:00 a.m., we will leave Cusco at 4:30 a.m. Approx. to go on our mobility for 3 hours to the small town of Layo (3969 m.a.s.l.), where we will have breakfast and then visit the beautiful Laguna de Langui, after this we will start our walk that will last approximately 2 hours. During the ascent to Pallay Punchu we will be accompanied by panoramic views of the beautiful Langui lagoon, we will also be able to appreciate some animals such as llamas, alpacas and some small towns. We will arrive at approximately 11 am at the beautiful mountain of colors called “Pallay Punchu del Apu T’acllo or Mountain of sharp points” (4700 m.a.s.l.). Once there, we will have considerable time to take photos and enjoy this incredible place.
After visiting Pallay Punchu del Apu T’acllo, we will return to the small town of Layo, where we will have lunch, after our lunch we will return to the City of Cusco. We will make some stops at the viewpoints to get to know the landscapes that this region offers us. We will arrive in the city of Cusco at 7:00 p.m. approx.
- Information from your guide the night before your departure (DESTINY PERU office or your hotel prior coordination).
- Pick up from your hotel on your departure.
- Tourist transportation round trip.
- 01 Breakfast on our restaurant.
- English speaking tour guide.
- Entrances fee to access to the Pallay Punchu Mountain.
- 01 buffet Lunch in Layo small town.
- First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Vegetarian/special diet options available.
- Wooden walking sticks.
- Boat ride – 20 soles approx.
- Horse to ride – 80 soles approx.
- Water: please bring 2 liters per person
- Voluntary Tips for the cook, horsemen and guide (Every DESTINY PERU staff receive a fair and decent payment immediately after they end the trip. Tips are optional but of great appreciation for them – according to your wish)
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO TAKE?
- Small back pack.
- Copy of your passport.
- Good hiking gear like hiking boots, Scarf, Polar or thermal clothing, gloves, hat warm fleece and Wool socks.
- Waterproof pants and Warm jacket
- Long sleeved shirts or sweater
- rain poncho
- Sun hat
- Sun glasses / Sun protection cream
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Some cash in soles
EXTRA MONEY FOR SOUVENIRS, DRINKS & TIPS.
OPTIONAL: Little presents for kids of communities along the trail such as school supplies, second hand clothes