Enjoy the most scenic Mountain bike tour in a small group, with the best equipment and English speaking guide!!, we will take you off the beaten track to enjoy A MIX OF stunning scenery of snow-capped mountains of the Andes, Andean towns, Inca ruins, the unique “Greenhouses of the Incas”, the Salt Mines in Maras and moderate mountain biking adventure. 4 to 5 hours biking approximately. (36 Km approx.).
Pick up at 8am at your Hotel and drive to the trailhead.
Visiting the “Greenhouses” of the Incas in Moray.
Visiting the unique Salt mines in Maras
5 hour mountain bike with amazing scenery
Bus back to Cusco
Activity duration: 8 hours from Cusco (5 hours riding on the horse). We will pick you up at 8:00 AM in Cusco and returning approx. 5:00 PM.
Distance of the tour: 35 km
The maximum height: 3,700 m.a.s.l (12,135 ft.)
Location: Moray – Maras
Description: Unique biking visiting villages and agriculture crops at the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
– Cruzpata to Moray (2 ½ hours)
– Moray – Maras salt mine (1 ½ hours)
– Salt mine – Urubamba (1 hour)
– Average riding time: 5 hours
We pick you up at your hotel, and then we drive in our private van to Cruzpata. There we receive instructions about the mountain bike ride. Afterward, we start with our Mountain biking through the local farmlands enjoying the spectacular scenery of the Sacred Valley of the Incas and the Andes mountains. We arrive at the archeological site of Moray also known as “The Greenhouses of the Incas” which is unique and fascinating. Different levels of terraces are carved into a huge bowl, part of which was further excavated by the Incas. The terraces have varied microclimates depending on how deep into the bowl they are, and so they were thought to have been used by the Incas to discover the optimal conditions for their crops.
After time to enjoy and explore this beautiful Inca sight, we continue with our mountain bike ride towards the colonial town of Maras, where we will stop to take a picnic-style lunch break and after the well-deserved rest, we will continue the cycle downhill to the pre-Inca salt mine. Thousands of salt pans have been used for salt extraction since before Inca times. A hot spring at the top of the valley discharges a small stream of heavily salt laden water, which is diverted into salt pans and evaporated to produce a salt that is used for cattle licks. Finally we continue cycling downhill to Urubamba and then we take our van on the way back to your hotel in Cusco.
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR
- Pick up from Hostel/ Office
- Private transportation
- Bicycle Front suspension
- Biking equipment – helmet & gloves
- Picnic Lunch/ Box lunch
- Professional bilingual biking guide
- Tour in Moray & the Salt mines
- Bottle of mineral water.
- The tourist ticket: 130 soles for visit 14 places and is valid for 10 days (you can use for City Tour, Sacred Valley, south valley and museums). You can also purchase a partial two days ticket for 70 soles for 4 Inca sites (Moray, Chinchero, Pisaq, Ollantaytambo). Half price for students with ISIC card. (You must pay on the site)
- Entrance to Salt Mines (10 Soles) – Please have a look at the “IMPORTANT” chapter
- Personal accident insurance.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO TAKE
- If you are student – ISIC card (50% in the tourist ticket discount for students with an ISIC card)
- Light clothes (of preference short pants)
- Sun-blocker and sun-glasses.
- Small Backpack.
- Warm clothes for our late return
- Rain coat or poncho
- Personal Medical Kit
Places to Stay
|Number of Paxs||2 persons||3 persons||4 persons||5 + persons|
|Prices per person||USD 100||USD 100||USD 80||USD 70|
|Book now||Book now||Book now||Book now|