8D / 7N
(IN AND OUT BY BUS) CLOUD FOREST-OTORONGO-SALVADOR-PAKITZA–BOCA MANU – CUSCO.
DAY 01: CUSCO – CLOUD FOREST – PAITITI LODGE
Leaving from Cusco very early in the morning in our comfortable bus. Ascending to the high mountain area of Paucartambo. On the way we visit the funeral towers or chullpas of Ninamarca. The bus then descents through the mysterious cloud forest full of beautiful orchids, heliconias and primitive ferns. Stopping to give you an opportunity to witness Cock of the Rocks (Rupicola Peruvians) mating ritual. There are also possibilities to observe the Amazonian Umbrella bird (Cephalopteros Ornatus), Trogons (Trogon sp.) and many more. With luck the only South American bear, the Spectacled Bear (Tremarctos ornatus). In the afternoon we arrive to the village of Atalaya, where we take our boat 30 minutes by Alto Madre de Dios River to our typical lodge. Showers and toilets available.
DAY 02: PAITITI LODGE – BOCA MANU
After an early and delicious breakfast, The rest of the day is spent traveling on the Alto Madre de Dios river. On the way you can see a variety of bird life, like herons, egrets, kingfishers, and the ever present vultures of which the most spectacular is the condor of the jungle, King Vulture (Sarcoramphus papa). In the afternoon a short stop at the village of Boca Manu to have refreshing cold beverage. Walks in the afternoon and a night walk to spot caimans in the lake. Night in lodge. Showers and toilets available. Optional flight in at Boca Manu.
DAY 03: BOCA MANU – OTORONGO LAKE
The boat trip goes on and one will be able to understand why Manu is so famous for its wildlife. On the river edges you will be able to observe groups of turtles, White Caimans (Caiman cocodrylus), Capybaras (Hydrochaeris) and maybe a Jaguar (Panthera Onca) resting on a log and observing its territory. Arriving in the afternoon to our campsite in Otorongo. We will the only agency camping there. Later on visiting the trails around the Otorongo Oxbow Lake and the giant otter observation tower together with the guide to learn the functions and secrets of the jungle. Nigth in SAFARI Camping. Showers and toilets available
DAY 04: OTORONGO LAKE – SALVADOR LAKE
Today the group visit another oxbow lake called Salvador, which is half an hour boat trip from Otorongo. Here paddling silently on a Catamaran, you have again possibilities to observe a family of giant otters fishing and playing, black caimans and many different rare bird life like the Hoatzins (Opisthocomus hoatzin). Here in Manu the animals have never suffered hunting pressure from man. In the afternoon we return to our campsite in Otorongo. Night in SAFARI Camping. Showers and toilets available.
DAY 05: OTORONGO LAKE – PAKITZA
In the morning the group go by boat from Otorongo until Pakitza one the way you have again possibilities to observe a black caimans and many different rare bird.Then you arrive to Pakitza where you explores the trail and observe another kind of mammals. In the afternoon we return to our campsite in Otorongo. NIGTH SAFARI CAMPING. Showers and toilets available.
DAY 06: OTORONGO LAKE – BOCA MANU
The call of the red howler monkey (Alouatta seniculus ) will wake us up.We unfortunately need to start our return on Manu river, and one will be able to understand why Manu is so famous for its wildlife. On the river edges you will be able to observe groups of turtles, White Caimans (Caiman cocodrylus), Capybaras (Hydrochaeris) and maybe a Jaguar (Panthera Onca) resting on a log and observing its territory. Past the Nigth in Lodge with Showers and toilets available.
DAY 07: BOCA MANU – PAITITI LODGE
After the breakfast we come back on the river alto Madre de Dios where you can observe more birds and plants in the beaches. Nigth in Lodge. Showers and toilets available.
DAY 08: PAITITI LODGE – CLOUD FOREST – CUSCO
Take the boat from Paititi lodge to Atalaya where the bus is waiting for us, back to Cusco, visiting the cloud forest again. Arrival in the afternoon. Proximally 5-6 pm.
- All terrestrial
- Fluvial transport.
- Team of security.
- Professional specialed guides.
- Efficient team of motorists.
- 3 meals per day and snacks.
- nights in Lodge
- Excellent cook service.
- Radio communication service during the whole trip.
- Comforts: seats, tables, etc.
- First-aid kit.
- Mineral Water during the trip
- First breakfast
- Cola and beer.
- Entrance fee to Manu $60
WHAT TO BRING
- Shirt long sleeve and long pants.
- warm cloths (for misty mornings on the river)
- Water bottle or Canteen.
- Sandals, bath suit clothes
- day pack.
- Rain gear.
- Enough mosquito repellent 50% DEET
- Sun block.
- After bite.
- Flash light or torch with extra batteries.
- Plastic bags.
- Hat or cap.
- Extra money to buy beverage.
- At least one pair of trekking boots
- Camera and extra films.
RULES OF CONSERVATION
Our passengers must comply with the following rules for the proper use, comfort and enjoyment of the trip to the Area Tourism and Recreational Use of Manu.
- Stay in the place indicated in the program and permiss.
- Visit only authorized areas
- Do not interfere in the activities of park rangers and researchers
- No contact with native people and respect their customs.
- Do not collects species of flora and fauna.
- Do not carry fire arms.
- Non-enter implements of hunting and fishing.
- Comply with the provisions of the Park headquarters and its staff of park rangers.
- Providing facilities for park rangers to the inspections carried out in the boat are carried.
- The Income Manu reserved zone is from Limonal checkpoints in the area from Otorongo camps, and home Matshiguenka Salvador
- Do not disturb or feed wild animals.
- Put garbage in Tachos or leave the area. Take her with you.
- Do not destroy or write or signs Rayes, strikethrough, or other infrastructure.
- Report to the park rangers to observe any abnormal event during your visit.
In compliance with these rules will be outlined to support the conservation and proper use of the recreation area of the Manu National Park.
Places to Stay
NOTE: PRICES DEPEND ON DATE AND NUMBERS OF PERSONS, SO PLEASE CONTACT US.
|NUMBER OF PERSONS||02 PERSONS||03 PERSONS||04 PERSONS||05 + PERSONS|
|PRICES PER PERSON||CONSULT US||CONSULT US||CONSULT US||CONSULT US|