4D / 3N (BUS/FLYGHT)
(IN BY BUS AND / OUT BY FLIGHT WITH MACAW CLAY LICK) – CLOUD FOREST- MACAW CLAY LICK (BLANQUILLO) BOCA MANU VILLAGE – CUSCO
DAY 01: CUSCO – CLOUD FOREST – PAITITI LODGE
Leaving from Cusco very early in the morning in our comfortable bus. Ascending to the high mountain area of Paucartambo. On the way we visit the funeral towers or chullpas of Ninamarca. The bus then descents through the mysterious cloud forest full of beautiful orchids, heliconias and primitive ferns. Stopping to give you an opportunity to witness Cock of the Rocks (Rupicola Peruvian) mating ritual. There are also possibilities to observe the Amazonian Umbrella bird (Cephalopteros Ornatus), Trogons (Trogon sp.) and many more. With luck the only South American bear, the Spectacled Bear (Tremarctos ornatus). In the afternoom we arrive to the village of Atalaya, where we take our boat 30 minutes by Alto Madre de Dios River to our typical lodge. Showers and toilets available.
DAY 02: PAITITI LODGE – BLANQUILLO (MACAW CLAY LICK)
After an early and delicious breakfast, The rest of the day is spent traveling on the Alto Madre de Dios River. On the way you can see a variety of bird life, like herons, egrets, kingfishers, and the ever present vultures of which the most spectacular is the condor of the jungle, King Vulture (Sarcoramphus papa). In the afternoon a short stop at the village of Boca Manu to have refreshing cold beverage. Later on the group arrives to the campsite which is located very close to the famous Macaw Clay Lick. Walks in the afternoon and a night walk to spot caimans in the lake. Night camping on covered platforms. Showers and toilets available. Optional flight in at Boca Manu.
DAY 03: BLANQUILLO (MACAW CLAY LICK) – BOCA MANU
The group visit the Macaw clay lick. From a floating hide you can observe how dozen or even hundreds of parrots start to gather to eat the clay, which they need on their diet. After the parrots, the brilliant and colorful macaws start to arrive, squeaking loudly and illuminating trees with their bright colors. In the afternoon the group arrives to a lodge near Boca Manu. Walks to explore some of the many trails in the area. Night in Lodge.
DAY 04: BOCA MANU – CUSCO
After the breakfast.we go by boat until the airport to take the plane.Aproximality 45 minutes to Cusco.
- All terrestrial, fluvial transport.
- Team of security.
- Professional guides and specialized.
- Efficient team of motorists.
- 3 meals per day and snacks. 3 nights in Lodge Excellent cook service.
- Radio communication service during the whole trip.
- Comforts: seats, tables, etc.
- First-aid kit.
- Mineral Water during the trip
- First breakfast
- cola and beer.
- Fligth Tickets
- Aeroport taxes in Boca Manu $15
WHAT TO BRING
- Shirt long sleeve and long pants.
- warm cloths (for misty mornings on the river)
- Water bottle or Canteen.
- Sandals, bath suit clothes, towel day pack.
- Rain gear.
- Enough mosquito repellent (50% DEET C.).
- Sun block.
- Flash ligh or torch with extra batteries.
- Plastic bags.
- Hat or cap.
- Extra money to buy beverage.
- At least one pair of trekking boots
- Camera and extra films (asa 100 is good
- for lakes and river, but inside the forest you will need asa 400)
Places to Stay
|NUMBER OF PERSONS||02 PERSONS||03 PERSONS||04 PERSONS||05 + PERSONS|
|PRICES PER PERSON||USD 360.00||CONSULT US||CONSULT US||CONSULT US|