The Humantay lagoon is one of the most visited tourist hikes in Peru, it is located at the foot of the Salkantay snowy. It is one of the most beautiful natural landscapes in Cusco. Its turquoise waters undoubtedly make this place one of the most visited tourist attractions in Peru. Since the time of the Incas, this lagoon was worshiped by the Andean people. It is the third most popular tourist attraction in Cusco, after Machu Picchu and the Rainbow Mountain.
- 4:30 a.m. pick up from your respective hotel and transfer to trail head.
- 2 hours tranfer to Mollepata by our van.
- Breakfast at Mollepata.
- 1 hour more transfer by our transport to Soraypampa.
- 1½ hours of Hiking in ascent to the Lagoon Humantay through amazing views of glaciers.
- Once at the top, you can enjoy the spectacular views and take panoramic photographs of the turquoise lagoon.
- 1 hour descent to Soraypampa to abort our van to take us to Mollepata.
- Delicious lunch at Mollepata to recover your energy.
- Return to Cusco in our mobility arriving 6:00 pm approx.
We pick you up from your respective hotel between 4:45 a.m. at 5:00 a.m. and then make a trip of 2 hours approx. to the village of Mollepata located at (2,900 m.a.s.l./ 9,515 ft.) where we will have a delicious breakfast and then continue our trip for about 1 hour more in our mobility until we reach Soraypampa (3900 m.a.s.l./ 12,795 ft.) the beautiful views of the snow-capped mountains such as Salkantay will welcome us to this wonderful place, then we will begin the hike of approximately an hour and a half uphill until we reach the beautiful Humantay Lagoon (4200 m.a.s.l./ 13780 ft.) located on the slopes of the mountain of the same name. Once there, we will have considerable time to take photos and enjoy this incredible place, after having enriched ourselves with such a beautiful experience we will begin to descend to Soraypampa (1 hour downhill approx.), Where our mobility awaits us, back to town from Mollepata, where we will have lunch, then we will return to the city of Cusco arriving at 6:00 pm approx.
- Information from your guide the night before your departure (DESTINY PERU office or your hotel prior coordination).
- Pick up from your hotel on your departure.
- Tourist transportation round trip.
- 01 Breakfast on our restaurant.
- English speaking tour guide.
- Entrances fee to access to the Humantay lagoon.
- 01 buffet Lunch in Mollepata.
- First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Vegetarian/special diet options available.
- Wooden walking sticks.
- Horse to ride – 80 soles approx.
- Water: please bring 2 liters per person
- Voluntary Tips for the cook, horsemen and guide (Every DESTINY PERU staff receive a fair and decent payment immediately after they end the trip. Tips are optional but of great appreciation for them – according to your wish)
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO TAKE?
- Small back pack.
- Copy of your passport.
- Good hiking gear like hiking boots, Scarf, Polar or thermal clothing, gloves, hat warm fleece and Wool socks.
- Waterproof pants and Warm jacket
- Long sleeved shirts or sweater
- rain poncho
- Sun hat
- Sun glasses / Sun protection cream
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Some cash in soles
EXTRA MONEY FOR SOUVENIRS, DRINKS & TIPS.
OPTIONAL: Little presents for kids of communities along the trail such as school supplies, second hand clothes